FBS intelligent Engineering (iE) Ltd are a specialist provider of services involving the provision of the design, installation, service and maintenance of building mechanical and electrical services. We serve a range of clients in the central and civil government, hospitality and education sector, and specialise in new build, major refurbishment and maintenance contracts.
This environmental policy establishes our commitments to environment protection and to the prevention of pollution, and to take action to:-
- Limit resource use and reduce waste.
- Prevent pollution.
- Avoid or reduce direct and indirect effects on the public and local community from our operations and activities.
- At least comply with our compliance obligations including to legal and other requirements and the requirements of interested parties.
- Continually improve our performance.
To ensure compliance, we shall implement, maintain and continually improve an environmental management system within the operation of our business. We will:
- Plan our work to reduce environmental impacts and promote sustainability.
- Act as a Considerate Contractor.
- Provide all workers with the resources, information and training available to fulfil their requirements for the implementation of this environmental policy.
- Work with our clients to ensure that the design of mechanical and electrical systems provides for enhanced energy efficiency, including for the use of renewable energy sources.
- Plan for emergency situations and ensure that if they occur we can control them.
- Monitor our activities on site to ensure that we are complying with the above policy.
We will set suitable environmental objectives in line with the above policy, and shall monitor them through management review processes.
We shall communicate our policy and requirements to all workers and interested parties. This policy shall be displayed on company premises, presented at new employee induction, included in site documentation packs and made available upon request.
We will establish environmental objectives to achieve this commitment, which will be regularly monitored by the management team. We will review this policy as part of change planning, following knowledge transfer / lessons learnt, post incident and annually.
As the Directors with ultimate responsibility for environmental management at FBS intelligent Engineering (iE) Ltd I approve this environmental policy.
Gerry Farrelly (Managing Director)
09th March 2022