FBS intelligent Engineering (iE) Ltd are a specialist provider of services involving the provision of the design, installation, service and maintenance of building mechanical and electrical services. We serve a range of clients in the central and civil government, hospitality and education sector, and specialise in new build, major refurbishment and maintenance contracts.
We are committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill-health; to fulfilling our legal requirements and other requirements, eliminating hazards and reducing occupational health & safety risks and to continual improvement. We are assured as a SafeContractor accredited organisation, and as a facility maintenance contractor are registered with GasSafe, NICEIC, BESA, REFCOM and OFTEC. We do not allow other business objectives to comprise our occupational health and safety objectives.
As an employer we recognise our duty to:
- Ensure the implementation of effective risk assessment process and risk control measures.
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- Provide and maintain safe work equipment.
- Ensuring workers are competent to perform their work safely and efficiently.
- Ensuring communication, consultation, coordination and cooperation.
- In adopting sites ensure care, custody and control.
- Ensure the adequacy of emergency arrangements.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of this policy and arrangements.
Our workers have a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy by:
- Working safely and efficiently.
- Using the protective equipment provided and by meeting statutory requirements.
- Reporting incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damages.
- Adhering to complaint procedures jointly agreed on their behalf for securing a safe workplace.
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents with the objective of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence.
We shall communicate our policy and requirements to all workers and other interested parties. This policy shall be displayed on company premises, presented at new employee induction, included in site documentation packs and made available upon request.
We have established occupational health and safety objectives to achieve this commitment, which are regularly monitored by the leadership team.
We review this policy as part of change planning, following knowledge transfer / lessons learnt, post incident and annually.
As the Directors with ultimate responsibility for health and safety management at FBS intelligent Engineering (iE) Ltd, we approve this health and safety policy.
Gerry Farrelly (Managing Director) & John Farrelly (Commercial Director)
30 October 2019