FBS Intelligent Engineering (iE) Ltd are a specialist provider of services involving the provision of the design, installation, service and maintenance of building mechanical and electrical services. We serve a range of clients in the central and civil government, MOD, hospitality and education sectors, and specialise in new build, major refurbishment and maintenance contracts.
In regards Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) we are committed to:
- providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health.
- fulfilling our legal requirements and other requirements.
- eliminating hazards and reducing OHS risks, as far as is reasonably practicable,
- providing the necessary resources to achieve our health and safety obligations and commitments,
- consulting and involving our workforce in health and safety,
- to not allowing other business objectives to compromise our health & safety objectives, and
- to continual improvement of the OHS management system.
We have an established a OH&S management system to deliver the above commitments, with the objective to:
- Risk-assess our activities and produced agreed risk control measures to eliminate and minimise risk as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Understanding external and internal requirements and implementing them.
- Identifying emergency situations, reducing the likelihood of them occurring and preparing for occurrence.
- Provide training, supervision and information to ensure employees are competent to perform their work safely and efficiently.
- Providing technically sound work equipment and safe and healthy working conditions
- Ensuring that outsourced activities are controlled and that sub-contractors are competent.
- Ensuring that when working we ensure coordination, communication, care, custody and control.
- Reviewing the performance and effectiveness of the OHS Management System.
- Delivery of continual improvement through improvement plans and control of non-conformity.
Our employees, and others working upon our behalf, have a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy by:
- Working safely and efficiently.
- Using the protective equipment provided and by meeting statutory requirements.
- Reporting incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damages.
- Adhering to complaint procedures jointly agreed on their behalf for securing a safe workplace.
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents with the objective of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence.
We have established OHS objectives to achieve the above commitments which are regularly monitored by the leadership team.
We review the effectiveness and adequacy of this OHS policy on an annual basis and as part of change planning, lessons learnt, knowledge transfer or following an OHS incident or other failure to meet our OHS objectives.
We communicate our OHS policy to all interested parties. This policy is displayed on company premises, presented at new employee induction, displayed in any fixed construction sites under our control, and made available upon request from interested parties.
As the individual with ultimate responsibility for OHS at FBS Intelligent Engineering (iE) Ltd, I approve this OHS Policy,
Gerry Farrelly (Managing Director)
09th March 2022